Nurturing Parenting Programs
YCCA wants to support parents as they raise and nurture their children. The Nurturing Parenting Program is a family-centered trauma-informed course designed to build nurturing parenting skills and child-rearing practices. The sessions feature activities to teach positive parenting skills and self-nurturing, home practice exercises, family nurturing time, and activities to support positive brain development in children birth to 18 years. Parents attend group classes that are designed to do the following:
- build self-awareness, positive concept/self-esteem, and empathy;
- teach alternatives to hitting and yelling;
- enhance family communication and awareness of needs;
- build nurturing behaviors;
- promote healthy physical and emotional development of children; and
- teach appropriate roles and developmental expectations.
This program is available in English and Spanish.