In-Clinic Family Resource Specialist (FRS)
- Pay: $19-$20.50/hour DOE
- Location: CommuniCare Health Clinic in Woodland, with some office work and the option of telework from home some days a week.
- Competitive Benefits package including medical/dental/vision coverage
The In-Clinic Family Resource Specialist (FRS) makes contact with expectant or new parents, within a health clinic setting, to offer resource information, referrals, and voluntary home visiting support services. As part of the CHILD Project: Road to Resilience (R2R) program, the In-Clinic FRS is a member of the Healthy Family Yolo County team but works in a partnership with CommuniCare health clinic staff to help patients get connected to needed social support services. Education about R2R and the Healthy Families Yolo County home visiting program is provided to potential participants when they are already at the clinic for their regular clinic services, as a value added service with no cost to the participant. The In-Clinic Family Resource Specialist conducts an assessment if families are interested in services and completes all tasks related to enrollment if the families meet eligibility criteria.
Healthy Families Yolo County enrolls families who are pregnant or who have newborn babies up to three months of age and provides support services until the child is 3 years old. Eligible families are those who live in Yolo County, are facing challenges, or are overburdened in some way. Services include teaching parents about creating a safe home environment, enhancing child’s social, emotional, and cognitive development, supporting parents in setting and reaching their goals, promoting positive child-parent relationships, and connecting families with community resources to ensure they can meet their basic needs.
The In-Clinic Family Resource Specialist must be highly organized with excellent communication skills in order to coordinate with multiple program staff, interface and collaborate with clinic providers, and work with participants in a way that supports participation in the program. This position is primarily responsible for engaging patients at the CommuniCare clinic in Woodland but may be asked to assist patients from the West Sacramento or Davis clinics occasionally. Some office work and/or telework from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic some days of the week is also expected. The In-Clinic Family Resource Specialist must be available to work during clinic hours which may include some evenings when clinic appointments are offered for working families.
- Receives and manages referrals to R2R for CommuniCare patients and external referrals from the R2R Project Manager
- Contacts patients to share information about services and completes initial consent
- Conducts family assessment interviews relying on memory to capture details of the conversation
- Immediately writes complete and thorough assessment summary and scores using a standardized scale
- Helps families identify their strengths, assists families in accessing health care services, and links families to community supports and services
- Utilizes an electronic medical record system as well as a Salesforce database to document referrals, patient contacts, complete required data collection, and other associated work
- Participates in weekly individual reflective supervision meetings and works with the Supervisor to review assessment outcomes
- Attends required program meetings
- Maintains client confidentiality
- Has understanding of current resources for families in Yolo County
- Assists in the maintenance of program referral networks with local community providers and partners
- Able to handle a variety of situations that may be encountered when working with at-risk families
- Performs related duties as required
- Must have valid driver’s license and use of own car is required. Mileage reimbursed.
- English/Spanish bilingual ability to speak, write, read and translate is required.
- Minimum of 2 reference checks and a criminal background check
- Able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and able to lift 20 lbs.
- Must be available for occasional evening and weekend work.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications, secure data entry protocols, and telework platforms preferred
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize assignments.
- Friendly and open, with an ability to easily engage patients in conversation to offer information about services
- Maturity, ability to use good judgment, and to handle confidential information and sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy
- Must be able to work with culturally diverse populations and have the ability to relate to people with respect for their individuality
- Experience working successfully with young children and their families
- Non-judgmental and accepting, willing to relate to families from a strength- based model
EDUCATIONAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Completion of an Associate Arts Degree is required with greater weight given to people with a Bachelor of Arts Degree with an emphasis in social work, psychology, or other related social services field.
- At least two years’ experience in a social services program. Experience may be substituted for education.
- Experience in working with community agencies, including implementing referral processes based upon on the family’s needs.
- Data entry in multiple secure databases will be required.
Please submit an email with resume, a completed YCCA job application, a list of current references and a cover letter, as separate attachments to: YCCAjobs@gmail.com. Write “In-Clinic Family Resource Specialist (FRS)” in the subject line of your email. Your resume, application, references and cover letter must all be received, as attachments, in order to be considered. YCCA job application can be downloaded here: https://www.yolokids.org/career-opportunities