Community Liaison – Bilingual (Spanish Preferred)
- Full Time
- Salary range: $18-$20 per hour DOE
- Location: West Sacramento
- Competitive Benefits package including medical/dental/vision coverage
The Yolo County Children’s Alliance is looking for a dynamic Community Liaison for the Help Me Grow (HMG) program. The Community Liaison will conduct developmental screenings on children birth to five and link families to existing resources in the community while providing the necessary care coordination to ensure that families are connected to services. Incumbents will conduct developmental screenings; enter the screenings into the YES YOLO database; provide parents with screening results, conduct follow-up care coordination; collaborate with community agencies and preschools via outreach; and participates in other job related activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct Developmental Screenings on children birth to five years of age utilizing ASQ questionnaires.
- Deliver results from Developmental Screenings to families and/or Intake Screeners
- Provide Developmental Screening Program training and promote HMG to early care and education centers, home-visiting programs, child guidance clinics, etc.
- Provide care coordination for families, research most appropriate resources, provide education and information on development, behavior management and services, and provide advocacy and follow-up as needed.
- Assist in identifying gaps and barriers to services, and system issue trends families experience in utilizing services.
- Assist with compiling and mailing out information packets to families referred to specific programs or to community based resources, as needed.
- Send out confirmation letter and resource information to referral source.
- Participate in Help Me Grow meetings, including: case discussions and joint meetings with funders, staff meetings, conferences, and workshops regularly to upgrade professional skills and understand systems and current best practices for working with children and families.
- Work effectively as a team member and provide assistance to other staff members as needed.
- Work closely with partner agencies and program staff and other community providers to ensure a smooth referral process for families.
- Participate in special projects, assignments and tasks as needed.
- Ability to work independently and sit or stand for long periods of time and able to lift 20lbs as well as available for occasional night and weekend outreach events.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to communicate with people of diverse cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic groups
- Must hold valid Class C CA Driver’s License and have access to personal vehicle for use during working hours
EDUCATIONAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university in social work, early childhood development, special education, or related health or human service field and 1 year of experience working with children and/or families OR an Associate’s degree in early child development or related health or human services field and 3 years of experience working with children and/or families
- Knowledge of typical and atypical child development and special need conditions of young children and basic principles of child development
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel and basic database functions
Please submit an email with resume, a completed YCCA job application, a list of current references and a cover letter, as separate attachments to: YCCAjobs@gmail.com. Write “Help Me Grow Community Liaison” in the subject line of your email. Your resume, application, references and cover letter must all be received, as attachments, in order to be considered. YCCA job application can be downloaded here: https://www.yolokids.org/career-opportunities