Community Resource Specialist – Preferred Bilingual: Spanish/English
- Full Time
- Salary range: $18/hr
- Location: Woodland
- Competitive Benefits package including medical/dental/vision coverage
The Yolo County Children’s Alliance is looking for a dynamic Community Resource Specialist for its Woodland location. The Community Specialist (CRS) provides outreach services to locate uninsured low to moderate income children and their families in Yolo County and assists them in obtaining and accessing health care services, publicly funded health care coverage and other health insurance options. The CRS makes initial contact with families, assesses their health insurance needs, assists the client in completing the appropriate health insurance application and educates the client and their family about the importance of health insurance and how to utilize health care services appropriately. In certain situations, the CRS may refer clients to appropriate health and social services.
Yolo County Community Health Initiative:
The Yolo County Community Health Initiative (CHI) seeks to
improve the health of children living in Yolo County by
improving access to comprehensive health care services through
education, advocacy and funding. The Yolo CHI’s purpose
is to educate residents as to the options for health care
coverage for children, assist with the enrollment process for
available programs, implement processes and services which
streamline eligibility procedures and the enrollment process
and take other steps necessary to help provide access to
quality health care coverage for children in Yolo County.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and enroll eligible children in health insurance programs.
- Assist families in completing and submitting enrollment forms and in supporting continued enrollment (for health insurance, CalFresh, Income Tax Services, free and reduced school lunch and more).
- Provide follow-up to include telephone calls, appointments, etc. to ensure that families complete the enrollment process and maintain current enrollment.
- Assist families in the resolution of barriers to enrollment and maintenance of health insurance and CalFresh.
- Assist families in accessing health care services.
- Educate families and groups about essential community services, health insurance plans and use of social services and the health care system.
- Support and work with families to help them identify community resources and essential services that will help bring stability to the family.
- Support and work with families to help them access the community resources and essential services that they deem appropriate.
- Advocate for and act as a liaison for families with existing community resources and essential services agencies, which may include routine translation and interpretation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other services providers as a way of collaborating, streamlining work and increasing use of services by families.
- Conduct a variety of screenings, assessments and appropriate enrollments with families at school, HHSA or clinic locations.
- During interactions with families, if necessary, empower them to engage in problem solving.
- Coordinate and/or participate in outreach events and activities
- Document community health access issues and report findings.
- Participates in special projects, assignments and tasks as needed.
- Knowledgeable about Yolo County, its community organizations, government agencies, and businesses.
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills in both English and Spanish.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and able to work cooperatively and in a supportive manner within an interdisciplinary team, and culturally diverse populations.
- Exemplary customer service skills. Consistently demonstrates professionalism, poise, tact, and diplomacy in interactions with others including in confidential or sensitive situations.
- Demonstrates good judgment, organization and prioritization skills and time management skills.
- Strategic thinking abilities and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work with interruptions.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize assignments.
- Flexible to organization’s needs.
- Able to travel within the community.
- Possess valid driver’s license and valid vehicle insurance.
- Must be fingerprinted and drug screened.
- Knowledgeable about local community resources.
- Able to manage multiple tasks in an efficient manner.
- Knowledge of social services, health care services and free and reduced cost health insurance options.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and able to lift 20 lbs.
- Must be available for occasional night and weekend work.
- Able to travel between sites and to offsite events.
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s license, reliable transportation and auto insurance.
- Able to establish and maintain personal and programmatic boundaries while providing supportive services.
EDUCATIONAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited 4-year college or university in the health or human service field preferred or Completion of an Associate Arts Degree with an emphasis in Social Work, Psychology, Social Services.
- Two years’ successful work experience in same field doing similar work.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- English/Spanish bilingual ability to speak, write, read and translate is required.
- Completion of Certified Application Assistant training and experience in providing application assistance is strongly preferred.
Please submit an email with resume, a completed YCCA job application, a list of current references and a cover letter, as separate attachments to: YCCAjobs@gmail.com. Write “Community Resource Specialist” in the subject line of your email. Your resume, application, references and cover letter must all be received, as attachments, in order to be considered. YCCA job application can be downloaded here: https://www.yolokids.org/career-opportunities