Facilitator/Rehabilitation Specialist (FRS)
- Salary range: $42,000 – $45,000 annual
- Competitive Benefits package including medical/dental/vision coverage
- Reports directly to Program Director
The Facilitator/Rehabilitation Specialist (FRS) provides one-on-one guidance, support, and education to Medi-Cal eligible youth and their families in the youth’s home, school, and/or community based setting. The FRS is responsible for the development of Child and Family Teams (CFTs), maximizing involvement of natural team members and system partners. The FRS guides the CFT through the plan development process using High Fidelity Wraparound and Pathways to Mental Health Core Practice principles, philosophy, and service delivery techniques. In addition, the FRS may facilitate skill building groups or provide individual one-on-one rehabilitation or skill building activities with the youth as determined by the CFT and indicated in the youth’s individualized treatment plan. The FRS provides case management services and linkage to sustainable community resources and supports, as determined by need.
- Forms positive, constructive relationships with children and their families.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with agency and community partners
- Identifies strengths, skills, and positive qualities in children and families.
- Identifies temporary and sustainable resources and services within family and community environments
- Completes a Functional Assessment and Crisis Plan with each family, as clinically indicated.
- Provides individual rehabilitation, skill building groups, collateral support, and behavioral interventions as determined and documented in youth’s treatment plan.
- Coordinates the development of Child and Family Teams (CFTs) as requested, maximizing the involvement of natural team members and system partners.
- Utilizes the High Fidelity Wraparound and Pathways to Mental Health Core Practice principles during service delivery.
- Develops and prepares and updates individualized safety plans, maximizing the use of natural supports and community based resources.
- Communicates effectively with all members of the Child and Family Team.
- Adheres to all confidentiality requirements.
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the families.
- Accountable for individual time management.
- Provides other case management functions as necessary, securing formal resources, and keeping team members informed of progress and challenges presented.
- Provides and documents all Medi-Cal eligible services provided, including but not limited to plan development, collateral, rehabilitation, and case management/brokerage within scope of practice.
- Attends all staff meetings, consumer meetings, and consultation meetings as scheduled.
- Provides services to children and youth involved in the CWS, Juvenile Justice, and Education systems meeting all County requirements as listed in program scope.
- Participates in the agency 24-hour family support on-call programs.
- Participates in utilization, accreditation, peer review process as assigned.
- Responsible for meeting all outcomes as documented in County contract.
- Performs all duties in a manner consistent with the principles and values of Yolo County Children’s Alliance and YCCA’s behavioral health services partner, Stanford Youth Solutions, while adhering to applicable professional codes of ethics, and Yolo Mental Health Plan regulations.
- Utilize and maintain Microsoft Outlook calendar with all work-related details in order to manage time effectively and share calendar information with coworkers and scheduler.
- Participates in on-going training as assigned to expand and develop professional skills.
- Performs other duties as necessary for the agency, as assigned.
- Models and communicates appropriate positive attitudes towards the organization’s Mission, Vision, and Values and program outcomes.
- Knowledgeable about Yolo County, its community organizations, government agencies, and businesses.
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively and in a supportive manner within an interdisciplinary team, and culturally diverse populations.
- Exemplary customer service skills. Consistently demonstrates professionalism, poise, tact, and diplomacy in interactions with others including in confidential or sensitive situations.
- Demonstrates good judgment, organization and prioritization skills and time management skills.
- Strategic thinking abilities and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work with interruptions.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize assignments.
- Flexible to organization’s needs.
- Able to travel within the community.
- Possess valid driver’s license and valid vehicle insurance.
- Must be fingerprinted and drug screened.
EDUCATIONAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited university.
- Three years’ successful work experience in same field doing similar work.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Please submit an email with resume, a completed YCCA job application, a list of current references and a cover letter, as separate attachments to: YCCAjobs@gmail.com. Write “FACILITATOR/REHABILITATION SPECIALIST” in the subject line of your email. Your resume, application, references and cover letter must all be received, as attachments, in order to be considered. YCCA job application can be downloaded here: https://www.yolokids.org/career-opportunities