Family Resource Center Assistant Manager
- Full Time
- Salary range: $52,000/Annual, DOE
- Location: West Sacramento
- Competitive Benefits package including medical/dental/vision coverage
- Reports to: Program Manager
The Family Resource Center Assistant Manager is responsible for
developing, coordinating and conducting/facilitating all FRC
program activities, including the CalFresh program, staff
supervision, and case management. Plans, coordinates, and
supervises all events at the Family Resource Center as well as
provides work direction, guidance, and case management to
AmeriCorps members and FRC volunteers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and coordinates all aspect of the Family Resource Center work plan including CalFresh, Case Management, Resource & Referral, Food Distribution, Parent Education, Community Outreach, and day to day activities.
- Provide leadership to YCCA’s CalFresh Program by working with staff and YCCA’s CalFresh collaborative partners to execute our CalFresh Program contracts, scopes of work including enrollment, outreach, and presentations.
- Ensure YCCA staff and CalFresh collaborative partners stay current and well-trained on CalFresh rules, regulations, and enrollment and retention procedures so that they can provide the most efficient and helpful service possible.
- Plans, coordinates and attends all special events at the Family Resource Center (FRC), which include: staff involvement, budgeting, decoration, food preparation, party favors, delegation of duties and researching possible donations.
- Coordinates all incoming and outgoing donations for FRC.
- Coordinates with outside service providers to provide specialized groups, activities, trainings or other special events at FRC.
- Coordinates volunteer involvement.
- Works with and trains AmeriCorps members and volunteers/interns to ensure program compliance.
- Provides day to day supervision and coaching to AmeriCorps members and volunteers.
- Reviews work hour logs for two systems (Paychex and iEmployee), time off requests for assigned staff and mileage/reimbursements for all staff.
- Completes evaluations of AmeriCorps members and volunteers.
- Works closely with the Program Manager to ensure compliance with the program’s policies and procedures.
- Participates in recruitment, screening, and hiring of staff.
- Creates and maintains the work schedule for staff.
- Reviews referrals and assigns FRC family cases to FRC aides as appropriate.
- Manages FRC case files.
- Assigns FRA to appropriate activities daily.
- Provides weekly one-on-one supervision to staff.
- Provides supervision as needed to volunteers/interns.
- Ensures accurate and timely submission of data and timesheets.
- Participates in the development of reports to contract funding sources.
- Generates and submits monthly data reports for AmeriCorps members to CAPC.
- Participates and communicates feedback of progress toward contract milestones.
- Ensures accurate and timely submission of MAA time sheets.
- Reviews data of program outcomes and, when necessary, implements strategies to improve outcomes.
- Works closely with Program Manager to ensure systems are in place for data collection and to ensure program milestones.
- Works with team to ensure systems are in place for data collection.
- Completes all required documentation, case notes, and data collection in a timely manner.
- Participates in outreach events to promote the CalFresh program and FRC activities.
- Schedules and coordinates staff activities for outreach events.
- Develops and implements a specialized outreach plan for FRC service area.
- Works closely with FRC staff to provide program information to the community.
- Collects donations and works with community groups.
- Develops and publishes monthly FRC newsletter and program flyers.
- Creates and develops partnerships with outside community agencies.
- Participates in community groups within FRC service area.
- Plans and coordinates Health Fairs, small collaborative events, and contributes to other YCCA coordinated events.
- Participates in YCCA training, activities, and meetings as required.
- Manage FRC social media outreach (daily posts, updates, and answering client comments).
- Orders supplies for daily operations of FRC and manages on-site issues with FRC electronics (printer, internet/phone, and water dispenser).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledgeable about Yolo County, its community organizations, government agencies, and businesses.
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills to multi-lingual and multi-level audiences, for example direct service staff, management staff, board members, customers/clients, other community-based organizations and agencies, local businesses.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively and in a supportive manner within an interdisciplinary team, and culturally diverse populations.
- Exemplary customer service skills. Consistently demonstrates professionalism, poise, tact, and diplomacy in interactions with others including in confidential or sensitive situations.
- Demonstrates good judgment, organization and prioritization skills and time management skills.
- Proven leadership with staff, projects, and subcontract management.
- Strategic thinking abilities and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work with interruptions.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize assignments.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 25 pounds.
- Flexible to organization’s needs.
- Able to travel within the community (i.e., outreach events, community agencies, etc.).
- Possess valid driver’s license and valid vehicle insurance.
- Must be fingerprinted and drug screened.
EDUCATIONAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field.
- Five or more years of successful work experience, with increasing responsibility, with low income, public or state funded programs, including tracking activities and outcomes and writing reports.
- Knowledgeable about social service programs; including, but not limited to applications for and case management of CalFresh, Medi-Cal and Covered California.
- Three or more years of successful experience leading, managing and motivating teams in a service program environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Photoshop or similar image editing software.
Please submit an email with resume, a completed YCCA job application, a list of current references and a cover letter, as separate attachments to: YCCAjobs@gmail.com. Write “Family Resource Center Assistant Manager” in the subject line of your email. Your resume, application, references and cover letter must all be received, as attachments, in order to be considered. YCCA job application can be downloaded here: https://www.yolokids.org/career-opportunities
ABOUT YOLO COUNTY CHILDREN’S ALLIANCE:
The mission of the Yolo County Children’s Alliance is to assess, coordinate and act to strengthen and support the continuum of prevention and intervention services and resources for children, youth and their families. We Are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, physical or mental disabilities, or any other legally protected status.