Family Strengthening Program Manager
- Salary range: $55,000 to $60,000/annually
- Location: Primarily Woodland, Davis, & West Sacramento
- Competitive Benefits package including medical/dental/vision coverage
Are you interested in working with one of the region’s most innovative and exciting nonprofits serving children and families throughout Yolo County? Are you a team player who loves to collaborate with partners, share ideas, and lead a dynamic team? Yolo County Children’s Alliance (YCCA) is seeking a Program Manager to oversee YCCA’s family strengthening programs – Home Visitation Safety Monitoring, Help Me Grow, and Impact NPP.
The Yolo County Children’s Alliance is looking for a thoughtful and self-starting individual to Manage our In-Home Safety Monitoring program, Help Me Grow Developmental Screening, and Impact Nurturing Parenting Program (NPP). Under the guidance of the Executive Director, the program manager is responsible for programmatic support and supervision of the staff as well as administrative management of the program.
The purpose of the In-Home Safety Monitoring Program is to provide services to parents, legal guardians and caretaker’s (referred by Child Welfare Services) for building and strengthening protective factors to ensure the child’s safety, permanency, and overall well-being. Family support focuses on Behavioral Management, Crisis Management, Social Connection, Separation, and Resource Support. The program manager and her/his staff will provide service in-home and in the community. The program manager must be comfortable with the duties of program oversight, staff supervision, training, as well as program documentation and reporting.
The successful candidate will be team-orientated, have excellent communication skills, great organizational skills, and strong follow through.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Management and supervision of Home Visitation Safety Monitoring Program
- Implement “Building & Strengthening Protective Factors” (BSPF) Safety Monitoring Program, including use of the Nurturing Parenting Program ® curriculum.
- Supervise and provide programmatic support to BSPF home safety specialists.
- Ensure goals of program and Yolo County Child Welfare Services are being met.
- Collaborate with Yolo County CWS on program goals and implementation of the program.
Management and supervision of Help Me Grow and Impact NPP
- Supervise and provide programmatic support to 1 Help Me Grow staff and 1 Impact NPP staff
- Ensure goals of program are being met
- Ensure proper documentation of work for billing, program evidence, and reporting.
- Collaborate with other YCCA home visiting, parenting education, and support programs.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with staff and program partners such as Yolo County CWS, First 5 Yolo, other local service agencies, funders, and other related programs in order to enhance programs and services to target populations.
- Respond to sensitive matters and/or situations with discretion and tact
- Foster a cooperative work environment within your programs and within the organization as a whole
- Work independently and show initiative
- Assist with and participate in YCCA events such as the Family Fun Barn at the County Fair, Child Abuse Prevention month activities, Community Giveaway Day, etc.
Screening and selection of Program Manager includes consideration of characteristics including but not limited to:
- Bilingual Spanish/English or Russian/English, highly preferred
- Possess strong interpersonal & communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Work well within a wide range of constituencies representing a diverse community.
- Understanding of or experience with the 5 protective factors.
- Understanding of or experience with trauma informed care.
- Knowledge of child welfare system, educational system, and issues that affect families.
- Experience with family support and parent support programs for CWS involved families.
- Respect for differences related to culture.
- Familiarity with Yolo County is a plus.
- Able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and able to lift 20 lbs.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, which may include day, evening, and weekend hours.
- Ability to travel throughout the county, or to out-of-county meetings and conferences (mileage/travel expenses reimbursed)
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and online databases
- Successful fingerprint and background check
EDUCATIONAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Education – Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Human Services, Sociology, Child Development, or related field.
- Experience – At least 3 years directly related experience, 2 of them supervising and managing programs
Please submit a cover letter, a resume, a completed YCCA job application, and a list of current references to: YCCAjobs@gmail.com. Write “Family Strengthening Program Manager” in the subject line of your email. Your cover letter, resume, application, and references must all be received, as attachments, in order to be considered. YCCA job application can be downloaded here: https://www.yolokids.org/career-opportunities
This position is open until filled.