- Pay: $18/hour
- Location: West Sacramento
- Competitive Benefits package including medical/dental/vision coverage
Yolo County Children’s Alliance (YCCA) is looking to hire a Housing Navigator for our West Sacramento Family Resource Center. We are looking for someone with excellent organizational skills and a high level of computer literacy who is committed to empowering families, individuals, and seniors facing homelessness or unstable housing. In this position, you will work with people facing housing insecurity, chronic histories of homelessness, and addiction. You will work as part of a collaborative cross-functional team to empower community members to understand and access resources that help bring positive change in their lives. The ideal candidate for this position will love working with people, be a natural and effective problem solver, have excellent documentation and computer skills, and be able to maintain a high level of ethical conduct regarding confidentiality, and professional boundaries. You must have the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Conducts assessment and intakes to determine housing needs and placement opportunities.
- Maintains accurate records of group and individual meetings with clients.
- Reviews documentation and materials for accuracy, completeness, and clarity.
- Conducts transitional planning exit interviews with clients to support successful long term housing.
- Generates reports as directed.
- Conducts individual housing and economic assessments with adult clients to identify factors that affect the ability to secure long-term housing.
- Works with each client to develop individual housing plans.
- Encourages housing options that are sustainable and supportive based on special needs such as disabilities and mental illnesses.
- Monitors and maintains contact with each client to provide support and encourage follow through until appropriate housing & economic support is secured.
- Participates in case conferences with YCCA, West Sacramento Homeless Services Coordinator and outside agencies as necessary.
- Drives clients to housing appointments as needed.
- Identifies, organizes, maintains and disseminates information on a wide variety of economic supports and housing options in Yolo County (e.g. shared, supportive, subsidized, clean and sober, moderate income housing, etc.).
- Provides referrals to community housing, Craigslist related and other resources.
- Prepares for and facilitates weekly housing meeting to share current opportunities and help clients fill out housing applications.
- Collaborates with community organizations, property management companies, and governmental agencies to provide relevant economic and housing resources or services to clients.
- Attends networking functions, meetings, and conferences as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to pass background investigation and criminal records check to obtain clearance
- Must be able to satisfy requirements for security clearances
- Must not be on active parole or probation
- A valid California driver’s license
- Clear understanding of appropriate staff/client boundaries
- Culturally competent and able to work with a diverse population
- Experience working successfully with issues of substance abuse, mental health, criminal background, and other potential barriers to economic self-sufficiency
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word Outlook and Internet applications
- Able to read and interpret maps
- Professionalism, punctuality, flexibility and reliability are imperative
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Integrity to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Action oriented
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multi-task and juggle multiple priorities
- Outstanding ability to follow-through with tasks
- Able to work well independently and as part of a team
- Strong initiative and enthusiasm and willingness to pitch in whenever needed
- Able to communicate well at all levels of the organization including working with organization leadership and high-level representatives of partner organizations
- Able to work within a frequently changing project scope while maintaining overall direction and structured priorities
- Able to enter data into various electronic system while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the data
- Able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and able to lift 20 lbs. Will be required to set up event tables or booths.
- Must be available for occasional night and weekend work.
EDUCATIONAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university in the health or human service field preferred or Completion of an Associate Arts Degree is required with an emphasis in Social Work, Psychology, Social Services or a related field.
- At least two years of experience working with the Homeless population.
- Knowledge of co-occurring disorders and trauma informed treatment
- Knowledge of Clinical documentation (treatment plans, progress notes etc.)
- Experience working with criminal justice population
Please submit a cover letter, a resume, a completed YCCA job application, and a list of current references to: YCCAjobs@gmail.com. Write “Housing Navigator” in the subject line of your email. Your cover letter, resume, application, and references must all be received, as attachments, in order to be considered. YCCA job application can be downloaded here: https://www.yolokids.org/career-opportunities