January 22, 2018: JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
Visitation Monitor, bilingual (Spanish/English)
Title: Visitation Monitor, bilingual: Spanish/English
Hours: Part Time, 20 hours / week
Location: West Sacramento
Closing Date: 5:00pm, Monday, February 5, 2018
The Yolo County Children’s Alliance is looking for a dynamic Visitation Monitor. Under the guidance of the Visitation Program Coordinator, the Visitation Monitor implements a variety of non-technical, para-professional social service support functions for families in West Sacramento. The Visitation Monitor position is designed to help strengthen families and reduce out of home placement. The Visitation Monitor works closely with many agencies within Yolo County to help families accomplish the goals of gaining a strong family support system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide supervision of Child Welfare Services mandated visits to ensure a safe environment for children.
- Provide supportive information, education and referral for families enrolled in the program to meet identified needs during visits.
- Provide services in a culturally competent manner, stressing family involvement and respect for differences related to culture.
- Complete detailed notes of supervised visits according to specified criteria.
- Complete chart notes, assessment forms, referral forms, evaluation data forms and other documentation as required.
- Assist in multidisciplinary team to identify best practice in services provided.
- Work collaboratively with parents, foster parents, social workers to coordinate dates, times, and places for supervised visits.
- Attends regular (monthly or quarterly) meetings with other visitation supervisors and county social workers to coordinate work, to support each other and the work, and to receive and provide training.
- Works with parents to provide education, referrals and support surrounding healthy parenting and child development.
- Compile and report information as required through Child Welfare Services.
- Responsible for explaining and enforcing all rules and regulations associated with Yolo County Children’s Alliance Policies and Yolo County Child Welfare Services Policies.
- Work with entire families and Yolo County Child Welfare Services Social Workers to evaluate and strengthen family conditions and functioning.
Supervision and Training
- Participate in regular (monthly or quarterly) Visitation Monitor meetings.
- Participate in required training as needed
Program Evaluation Documentation
- Complete documentation as required by YCCA and by Yolo County Child Welfare Services including, but not limited to timesheets, program data input, tallying of data, organization of program files, and work evaluations.
Please see ‘Related Links’ to the right of this post to download full job description and YCCA job application.