Program Manager: Family Strengthening
- Salary range: $46,000-$52,000/annual
- Competitive Benefits package including medical/dental/vision coverage
- Location: primarily Woodland & West Sacramento
Are you interested in working with one of the region’s most innovative and exciting nonprofits serving children and families throughout Yolo County? Are you a team player who loves to collaborate with partners, share ideas, and lead a dynamic team? Yolo County Children’s Alliance (YCCA) is seeking a Program Manager to oversee YCCA’s family strengthening programs – Home Visitation Safety Monitoring and Supervised Visitation.
The Yolo County Children’s Alliance is looking for a thoughtful and self-starting individual to Manage our Home Visitation Safety Monitoring program and our Supervised Visitation program. Under the guidance of the Executive Director, Program Manager is responsible for programmatic support and supervision of the staff as well as administrative management of the program.
The purpose of the Home Visitation Safety Monitoring Program is to provide services to parents, legal guardians and caretaker’s (referred by Child Welfare Services) that build and strengthen protective factors ensuring child safety, permanency, and well-being. Family support focuses on Behavioral Management, Crisis Management, Social Connection, Separation, and Resource Support. The Program Manager and her/his staff may provide service in-home, out-of-home, or a combination of both. Home Visitation Safety Monitoring is a new program to the Yolo County Children’s Alliance. The Program Manager must be comfortable with the duties of program start up including establishing program and documentation protocols, training staff, and working with Yolo County Child Welfare Services. The Program will be hiring two full-time AmeriCorps members for service delivery, and the Program Manager will also provide direct service as needed.
Supervised Visitation is an existing program of YCCA, providing Visitation Monitors for court ordered visitation between children and family members. The Program Manager is responsible for program management, administrative management and staff supervision for the Supervised Visitation Program. The program currently has one full-time and one part-time Visitation Monitor.
The successful candidate will be team-orientated, have excellent communication skills, excellent organizational skills, and strong follow through.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Management and supervision of Home Visitation Safety Monitoring Program
- Implement new “Building & Strengthening Protective Factors” (BSPF) Safety Monitoring Program, including use of the Nurturing Parenting Program ® curriculum.
- Supervise and provide programmatic support to BSPF Home Visitation Safety Monitors.
- Ensure goals of program and Yolo County Child Welfare Services are being met.
- Collaborate with Yolo County CWS on program goals and implementation of the program.
Management and supervision of Visitation Monitoring / Supervised Visitation Program
- Supervise and provide programmatic support to Visitation Monitors
- Ensure goals of program and Yolo County are being met.
- Ensure proper documentation of work for billing, program evidence, and reporting.
- Collaborate with other YCCA home visiting, parenting education, and support programs.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with staff and program partners such as Yolo County CWS, other local service agencies, funders, and other related programs in order to enhance programs and services to target populations.
- Respond to sensitive matters and/or situations with discretion and tact
- Foster a cooperative work environment within your programs and within the organization as a whole
- Work independently and show initiative
- Assist with and participate in YCCA events such as the Family Fun Barn at the County Fair, Child Abuse Prevention month activities, Community Giveaway Day, etc.
EDUCATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Screening and selection of Program Manager includes consideration of characteristics including but not limited to:
- Education – Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Human Services, Sociology, Child Development, or related field.
- Experience – At least 3 years directly related experience, 2 of them supervising and managing programs
- Bilingual Spanish/English or Russian/English, preferred
- Possess strong interpersonal & communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Work well within a wide range of constituencies representing a diverse community.
- Understanding of or experience with the 5 protective factors.
- Understanding of or experience with trauma informed care.
- Knowledge of child welfare system, legal system, educational system, and issues that put families at risk.
- Experience with family support and parent support programs for CWS involved families.
- Respect for differences related to culture.
- Familiarity with Yolo County is a plus.
- Able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and able to lift 20 lbs.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, which may include day, evening, and weekend hours.
- Ability to travel throughout the county, or to out-of-county meetings and conferences (mileage/travel expenses reimbursed)
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (excel, word, powerpoint, outlook) and online databases
- Successful fingerprint and background check
Please submit a cover letter, a resume, a completed YCCA job application, and a list of current references to: YCCAjobs@gmail.com. Write “Program Manager – Family Strengthening” in the subject line of your email. Your cover letter, resume, application, and references must all be received, as attachments, in order to be considered. YCCA job application can be downloaded here: https://www.yolokids.org/career-opportunities