Program Manager: Step by Step/Paso a Paso
- Salary range: $54,000 – $56,000 annual
- Competitive Benefits package including medical/dental/vision coverage
- Reports directly to Executive Director
Are you interested in working with one of the region’s most innovative and exciting nonprofits serving children and families throughout Yolo County? Are you a team player who loves to collaborate with partners, share ideas, and lead a dynamic team? Yolo County Children’s Alliance (YCCA) is seeking a Program Manager to oversee YCCA’s nationally accredited Step by Step / Paso a Paso home visiting program.
The Program Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the program, and is involved in program planning, budgeting, staffing, training, and program evaluation. Additionally, the Program Manager is involved in facilitating ongoing collaboration with community and state partners, direct supervision of some program staff, and fund raising. S/he will represent YCCA’s work within a network of nationally accredited home visiting programs and within a local network of family serving agencies and organizations. S/he will develop partnerships, sustain collaborations, and grow the program as appropriate. S/he must have the ability to successfully guide the program through an intensive accreditation process, maintaining proper documentation and training throughout the year.
The successful candidate will be team-orientated, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent organizational skills, and strong follow through.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administrative Management of Step by Step/Paso a Paso home visiting program
- Supervise and support the Step by Step / Paso a Paso Clinical Supervisor
- Supervise Family Assessment Worker and review parent surveys
- Supervise Family Support Workers as needed
- Provide administrative supervision and reflective supervision to program staff
- Manage program budgets, external contracts, and grant agreements
- Ensure adherence to program guidelines as dictated by Health Families America and the California Home Visiting Program
- Conduct program research and submit reports and evaluations as requested by funders or stakeholders
- Coordinate Step by Step/Paso a Paso’s Community Advisory Board
- Maintain program accreditation through Healthy Families America including leading the self-study and reaccreditation process which comes due every 3 years
- Collaborate and maintain positive relationships with other local service agencies, governmental institutions, foundations, schools, businesses and other strategic partners, other Yolo County home visiting programs, Yolo County hospitals, clinics, WIC, and other similar programs to enhance programs and services to target populations
- Represent YCCA and the Step by Step / Paso a Paso program at state and regional level
- Northern California Region Healthy Families America home visiting consortium
- California State Home Visiting Program consortium
- National Healthy Families America Program consortium
- Work within general agency culture
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with staff and program partners
- Respond to sensitive matters and/or situations with discretion and tact
- Foster a cooperative work environment
- Work independently and show initiative
- Possess strong interpersonal & communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Work efficiently within a wide range of constituencies representing a diverse community
- Assist with and participate in YCCA events such as the Family Fun Barn at the County Fair, Child Abuse Prevention month activities, Community Giveaway Day, etc.
EDUCATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Screening and selection of Program Manager includes consideration of characteristics including but not limited to:
- Education: Master’s degree in public health or human services administration or fields related to working with children and families. Or, Bachelor’s degree in these fields with 3 years of relevant program and management experience.
- A solid understanding of or experience in supervising and motivating staff, as well as providing support to staff in stressful work environments. Experienced in or open to reflective practice.
- Administrative experience in human service or related field including experience in quality assurance / improvement and program development.
- Knowledge of infant and child development and parent-child attachment.
- Infant mental health endorsement preferred.
- Experience with family services that embrace the concepts of family-centered, strengths-based, and trauma informed service provision.
- Knowledge of the 5 protective factors.
- Knowledge of maternal-infant health and dynamics of child abuse and neglect.
- Experience in home visiting, preferred with background in prevention services for ages 0-3.
- Experience providing services to culturally diverse communities/families.
- Familiarity with Yolo County is a plus.
- Successful fingerprint and background check.
- Able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and able to lift 20 lbs.
- Ability to travel throughout the county, Northern CA, or out-of-state for meetings and conferences (mileage/travel expenses reimbursed).
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (excel, word, powerpoint, outlook) and online databases.
Please submit a cover letter, a resume, a completed YCCA job application, and a list of current references to: YCCAjobs@gmail.com. Write “Program Manager – Step by Step / Paso a Paso” in the subject line of your email. Your cover letter, resume, application, and references must all be received, as attachments, in order to be considered. YCCA job application can be downloaded here: https://www.yolokids.org/career-opportunities