Program Support Specialist, Healthy Families Yolo County home visiting program
- Full time, temporary, through 6/30/2021
- wage: $28/hour
- Location: West Sacramento
- Competitive Benefits package including medical/dental/vision coverage
- Reports to: Program Manager/Clinical Supervisor, Healthy Families Yolo County
The Program Support Specialist works with the Program Manager and Program Supervisor in support of the administration of the CHVP HFA home visiting program. The Program Support Specialist works with the Program Manager to ensure compliance with HFA and CHVP standards, policies, and procedures, and on issues of accreditation and re-accreditation; The Program Support Specialist acts as a link between CHVP data staff and YCCA home visiting staff to help ensure “clean data” and timely, complete reports. The Program Support Specialist also works in conjunction with the Program Manager on matters related to Continuous Quality Improvement and CHVP and HFA Best Practice Standards. Generally, the Program Support Specialist performs administrative and analytical work with an emphasis on program compliance and excellence in execution. The Program Support Specialist possesses a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, public administration, accounting, finance, organizational development, social work, education, human resources, or a closely related field; and has two years of general administrative support experience in a professional or technical capacity, preferably in a social services environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with Program Manager to update and implement policies and procedures related to CHVP HFA.
- Works with Program Manager to assure CHVP and HFA program fidelity and quality implementation
- Works to ensure successful re-accreditation including that program standards are met as described in CHVP Scope of Work and HFA Best Practice Standards.
- Ensure data is collected and input electronically according to CHVP HFA requirements so that data accuracy, validity, and completeness can be verified.
- Work with YCCA’s CHVP HFA staff to provide support and training related to data collection and entry and Scope of Work requirements.
- Regularly run and review reports for quality assurance and to verify integrity of data.
- Assist Program Manager to complete and submit reports.
- Collaborate with CHVP Evaluation & Data Teams in discussing matters of quality assurance, data, and reports.
- Assists Program Manager on HFA quality assurance activities and CHVP-directed Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities.
- Assists in keeping the program’s official Policies and Procedures Manual up to date.
- Assists to develop program procedures, tools, and processes for maintaining program compliance, excellence, and efficiency.
- Assists with administrative oversight of timekeeping and documentation of services.
- Assists in maintaining the program’s staff training log as required by the CHVP Scope of Work
- Works with Program Manager to track and manage CHVP HFA program inventory, especially essential items for families.
- Receive and organize program donations, such as baby clothing.
- Assist in delivering essential items to families in crisis, as needed.
- Provide overall programmatic and contractual support
- Provide additional specific program support to the Program Manager as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal skills, along with ability as trainer
- MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and ability to work effectively in a secure database.
- Strong data management and reporting skills for quality assurance and for presenting data in reports, memos, charts, graphs, and other appropriate forms
- Strong problem-solving skills with an open-minded, flexible approach that enables multiple (and sometimes unconventional) options to be considered
- Analyze situations, frame issues, and prepare concise and accurate reports and recommendations
- Express one’s self clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Healthy Families Yolo County staff, Program Manager, Program Supervisor, CHVP and HFA partners, other community partners, consultants, consumers and general public
- Remain knowledgeable of developments in the field of program support, administration, and data management
EDUCATIONAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, public administration, accounting, finance, organizational development, social work, education, human resources, or a closely related field
- Two years of general administrative support experience in a professional or technical capacity, preferably in a social services environment.
Please submit an email with resume, a completed YCCA job application, a list of current references and a cover letter, as separate attachments to: YCCAjobs@gmail.com. Write “Program Support Specialist” in the subject line of your email. Your resume, application, references and cover letter must all be received, as attachments, in order to be considered. YCCA job application can be downloaded here: https://www.yolokids.org/career-opportunities
ABOUT YOLO COUNTY CHILDREN’S ALLIANCE:
The Yolo County Children’s Alliance was established in 2002 by a resolution of the Yolo County Board of Supervisors as a way of addressing a number of community concerns that impact children and their families. The mission of the Yolo County Children’s Alliance is to assess, coordinate and act to strengthen and support the continuum of prevention and intervention services and resources for children, youth and their families. We Are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, physical or mental disabilities, or any other legally protected status.