Supervisor: Healthy Families Step by Step Home Visiting Program
- Salary range: $52,000 – $58,000 annual
- Competitive Benefits package including medical/dental/vision coverage
- Reports to: Program Manager/Clinical Supervisor
We are looking for a dynamic individual to provide guidance, support, and supervision to staff working directly with families and children in our Healthy Families Step by Step home visiting program. Our program utilizes the evidenced-based Healthy Families America (HFA) home visiting model to provide intensive home visiting to families in Yolo County. We enroll families during pregnancy or until the child is 3 months old and provide individualized, strength based support through to the child’s 3rd birthday. This position is responsible for a multitude of paperwork, quality assurance, and documentation requirements necessary for the program. Position answers directly to the Program Manager/Clinical Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts weekly, regularly scheduled individual supervision to all direct service staff.
- Provides daily support for crisis intervention and case management needs as they arise.
- Reviews all Home Visit Records and completes supervision notes on all program participants.
- Completes a HFA Service Plan with the home visitors to guide the initiation of support services.
- Attends weekly team meetings and quarterly Community Advisory Board meetings
- Reads monthly reports and gives feedback and direction to home visitors on home visit rates, referrals to other support services, family goal plans, and all required assessments, screens, and data collection.
- Ensure that home visitors keep family files and case notes maintained and up to date
- Maintain confidentiality of records of families as specified in confidentiality agreement
EDUCATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or other related social service field from an accredited college or university preferred. Bachelor’s degree in a related field with a minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience required.
- Administrative experience in human services programs
- English/Spanish bilingual ability to speak preferred.
- Knowledge of maternal-infant health and concepts of child abuse and neglect
- Should have a solid understanding and experience in managing/motivating staff as well as providing support in stressful working environments. Experience with reflective practice preferred.
- Extensive clinical experience in working with multi-problem families
- Experience in working with culturally diverse communities/families and the ability to be culturally sensitive and appropriate
- Infant mental health endorsement level lll or IV preferred.
- Knowledge of infant and child development as well as knowledge of the concepts of family-centered and strength-based service provision.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize assignments.
- Ability to use good judgment and to handle confidential and sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Experience working successfully with children 0 to 5 and their families.
- Maturity, non-judgmental and accepting, and willing to relate to families from a strength-based model even in an apparently chaotic family environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (excel, word, powerpoint, outlook) and online databases
- Data entry in program specific to Healthy Families America model (ETO) will be required.
- Able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and able to lift 20 lbs.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, which may include day, evening, and weekend hours.
- Must have valid driver’s license and use of own car is required for travel throughout the county, or to out-of-county meetings and conferences (mileage/travel expenses reimbursed)
- Successful fingerprint and background check
Please submit a cover letter, a resume, a completed YCCA job application, and a list of current references to: YCCAjobs@gmail.com. Write “Supervisor – Healthy Families Step by Step” in the subject line of your email. Your cover letter, resume, application, and references must all be received, as attachments, in order to be considered. YCCA job application can be downloaded here: https://www.yolokids.org/career-opportunities